Re: [tlug] JFS file system license

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:
>  On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

>> BTW, please refrain from posting in HTML.
> Gmail supports smileys in HTML emails and I found that
> it is very convinient to express my "sorry" emotions in fancy HTML :)

It did not show up that way and I'm reading this list
via gmail.

Beware of any emailer "feature" that makes it easier
for the sender to do things.  The purpose of email is
to disseminate your words of wisdom, such as those
may be, to the world at large and the conventional
wisdom is that one should be liberal in what in one
accepts and conservative in what one sends.

MS Outlook has turned back the clock on email
technology several decades.   I had an easier time
dealing with composing email messages and stuff
with VAXMAIL in the mid 1980s, than I have dealing
with clients who deal MS Express or other crap like
gmail.

I'll put up with the crap from gmail as otherwise I
wouldn't be able to deal with email at all at the
moment, but I sure it wish it offered the option to
give me a 24x80 text window to enter in text/plain
the exact text of the mail I wished to send out.

-sb