[tlug] Weird Mouse Failure

Dave M G writes:

 > Short of buying a new mouse and comparing, any idea on what I can do to
 > trouble shoot this annoyance?

Borrow an old mouse and compare.

 > Any guesses as to what might have even gone so wrong with a window
 > resizing in the first place?

The mouse screamed when its leg broke, and that caused the program to
jump out the window.

I will say that recent X11 is really fragile, especially if hald is
running.  (The person who thought up the HAL DTD oughtta be hung.)
So it could be software, but I don't think hald does any caching; a
reboot should fix any transient problems with hald.