Re: [tlug] Re: Talk about fast HTTP

> Sach Jobb wrote:
>>
>>Perhaps this panel could be held at a separate venue which could be
>>accommodating to all by providing a facility that would allow for the
>>purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages.

I'm thinking that it would make the discussion a lot more difficult for
everybody to hear. I certainly have no objection to splitting up into
informal groups after the panel discussion and retiring one one's choice
of drinking establishment.

On 2008-10-20 15:17 +0900 (Mon), Edward Middleton wrote:

> I don't know how well this sort of discussion is going to work
> in a panel. Performance tuning is very dependent on the type of
> application, if we don't limit the scope we will end up discussing a
> lot of things with far too little details to be useful.

I think it will be fine if we make the topic "performance of web
applications." It's wide enough that it will be relevant to many people,
yet with enough common issues across all areas of it that we can still
get into detail on those.

> I guess we could all discuss John Femlins' approach.

Well, keep in mind that his web server, once started, never reads data
from disk or a database or anything like that, so while the approach
serves as a good illustration of specific aspects of the issues one runs
into in other cases, and has some good ideas to apply to those, it in
and of itself is not broadly applicable to most of us.

cjs