Re: [tlug] Okay... wow. Ubuntu just impressed me greatly.

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 18:43 +0900, Johan Berntsson wrote:
> Do Canon's low price printer have decent Linux drivers now? I bought a
> Canon MP-5 printer a few years back but I could never get it running
> in Linux. After that I've avoided Canon, but perhaps the situation has
> improved? How about Epson?

We have a Canon MP-610 all-in-one and there are drivers for it on
Canon's site. A quick google will turn them up. It's connected to 'er
indoors' G4 iBook but I tried it a few days ago from my crappy old Linux
box and it printed just fine. Haven't been able to use printer sharing
yet. Prolly won't bother as this machine is on its last legs and is
begging me to throw it out :)

Wayne