Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again...again

Curt Sampson wrote:
> Oh, one more point I forgot:
>
> On 2008-10-03 12:08 +0900 (Fri), Keith Bawden wrote:
>
>> What about the data that we entrust to carriers to spit around the
>> place. What are "they" doing with that?
>>

> Well, I know that for my more critical data that either they're not
> modifying it, or my crypto is much weaker than I'd thought. I also
> strongly suspect that they're not reading it (or my crypto is, etc.),
> though I have less confidence in that.

Well as Stephen J. Turnbull pointed out at past Nomi.  Do you check the
source of every piece of source before you compile and run it.  Do you
check it sufficiently to insure a sophisticated organization with plenty
of resources couldn't insert a Trojan without you finding it.  Where do
you source your hardware, where is it manufactured, how is it
delivered?  Who manufactures your tin foil ;)

Edward