Re: [tlug] Effect of AI and data processing rift on the Semantic Web

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
You're welcome to a different opinion on the viability of the current
efforts to create the semantic web, but please don't conclude from
that difference that I haven't thought about the issues.

I am not differing on your opinion of the viability of "the current effort", I am disagreeing with your characterization of it as

"conceived by a bunch of philosophers who want it to reflect their theories."

and that

"the semantic web as currently conceived by the people who participate in committees to create the semantic web is of interest only to committee-lovers."

People using FOAF obviously don't think so. I think these sort of perceptions are the biggest problem "the current effort" faces.

Edward