Re: [tlug] kindle, iliad or sony et al [semi-ot]

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 08:58 +0900, david.blomberg wrote:
> Kindle coming to Japan? Well I can't find any info in this other than
> several request spread over various sites.

I wish they would release a Japanese version.  If it were not for how
they handle their online store, the kindle would be perfect!  :P

However, because there is no real legitimate way for me to get books for
it, the Kindle is not of use to me.

I am however using the Sony PRS 505.  I only have two real complaints
about it.  1) and more importantly, it does not handle unicode.  The
only kana and kanji support is in PDF files, which it handles badly most
of the time because of the screen size.

2) I have to boot into windows to change the books on it, but that is
the lesser of annoyances anyway.

---
Ken