Re: [tlug] sakura terminal and Chinese

2008/8/22 Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>:

> A friend who doesn't wish to use Konsole or Gnome-terminal was wondering
> about tabbed terminals that handle UTF-8. I'd mentioned Sakura.  A quick
> google didn't give me the answer.  I just wanted to confirm that it can
> handle Chinese.

Based on a test I just did, it handles Chinese fine in UTF-8. I don't
know about Big5 or any of the other Chinese encodings, but I think
that libvte, on which both gnome-terminal and Sakura are based,
handles pretty much all encodings.

If you can send me files in the various Chinese encodings your friend
cares about, I can cat them and make sure I see hanzi and not
mojibake.

If he is talking about Chinese input, then the answer is yes. Sakura
supports both SCIM and XIM, so as long as his IME is based on one of
those, he's fine.

--
Cheers,
Josh