Re: [tlug] RSS questions

Curt,

Thanks for responding.

Well, I'm not intimately familiar with RSS, but one thing that's fairly
obvious about the document vs. channel distinction is the number of hits
you'll get on your site.

True, but another option from what you describe is to have three RSS feeds... one for one topic, one for another, and a third that has both. That way the people can decide when they subscribe whether they want just one or the combination, and each person will only be accessing one feed.

But I guess what I'm trying to get a handle on is whether or not people can choose to have only one channel from within a feed. In all the podcasts and RSS feeds I subscribe to, so far as I can tell, there are no choices within a feed to select from.

So if one just selects an RSS feed, and it serves you all channels within that feed, what exactly does a "channel" do?

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G