[tlug] eeepc-questions

Hi!

I already posted on the eeeuser-forum but I sense that the chance for
a qualitatively good answer are quite low (especially after getting an
answer that doesn't have anything to do with my question). But Iirc
here are some people on the list who have an eeepc and I'm pretty sure
that they do not use the Xandros-install anymore ;)
Maybe someone knows the answers to these - I will get my eee 701 today
or tomorrow and do not want to try endless hours distributions to find
the right one ;)

1. How much space do I have left on the SSD after installing
eeeXubuntu or eeeubuntu?
2. Does the installation of one of those too affect battery life in a
negative way (because e.g. not all power saving functions work)?
3. Does  hibernation work out of the box? is this actually S3 or S4?
Do both work?
4. Is 802.1x working? (I know that I once had to support a case in my
university where I didn't get it to work on an eee running Xandros)
5. How much does compiz-fusion affect battery life?

Niels