Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer

David Van Cleef wrote:
tlug-request@example.com wrote:

Hi,

I need to buy a color postscript printer, preferably a network model.
It should be unix friendly, so HP was my first choice, but it seems
that they no longer supply postscript capable printers, or at least
they hide the fact quite well. Can someone suggest something available
here in Japan?

Take a look at the Epson Officio line.

LP-S7500PS looks like it will suit what you need.

I have been told a couple of times by PC Depot staff NOT to buy anything Epson as they will only guarantee performance with WIN-J (currently XP and Vista only) and that anything else voids all warranties and guarantees. This has been at several PC Depot outlets so I do not know whether that company has a particular axe to grind or whether they are completely serious. If it matters, staff at T-Zone DIY Shop in Aki told me the same thing.

YMMV, of course.

--
CL