Re: [tlug] There are way too many Linux distros

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:12:58AM +0900, Edward Middleton wrote:
> Dave Brown wrote:
>> If you're looking at it from a "Hey, are you using PLD, SimplyMEPIS or
>> Lunar Linux?" point of view, sure,
>>

>> --Dave (oh yeah--Lunar Linux here)
>>

> Well since you are pimping your distro, how does Lunar Linux compare to
> other source based distributions e.g. Gentoo, Arch, LFS? Does it do
> anything better?

I'm fond of its installer (it's always had one, unlike some other
source-based distro I could mention), but one of the things that I
particularly like about it is how user participation in the community is
not only actively encouraged, but is actually supported right at the
package-management-suite: the "lvu" command has subcommands to create
new modules, edit existing modules, and submit new and changed modules
back to the distro.

--Dave