Re: [tlug] [Intro] Books for Newbie using Ubuntu

Nick Bikkal wrote:

> Can anyone tell me please where I can get some intro books on Linux?

Since you are a newbie, you need a book specific to your distro.
I've found the "for Dummies" books to be very helpful for other
topics so:

   Ubuntu Linux For Dummies

   http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/Ubuntu-Linux-For-Dummies.productCd-0470125055,subcat-OS.html

Read the excerpts to see you if want to read the whole book.

The latest version of Ubuntu is 8.04. The book I saw today was
for Ubuntu 6.10, but I would go ahead and read the book.
Of course there are differences between Ubuntu 6.10 and the
latest release, 8.04. If those differences vex you, consider
installing Ubuntu 6.10. After getting your Linux legs,

Also, consider going to a library or bookstore and searching for
books with "Ubuntu" in the title. Amazon has multiple titles
for Ubuntu.

   http://www.amazon.com/Ubuntu-Linux-Dummies-Computer-Tech/dp/0470125055

Look at the bottom of that web page for other titles.