[tlug] MCU functionality in linux/books?

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to get micro-controller style deterministic low-latency
serial port functionality out of linux and looking for resources/book
recommendations.
Specifically, I want to read in data on a serial port (using an
interrupt or a buffer that gets read at 100 Hz with low latency),
process the data and send it out soon after processing (again, with an
interrupt or fast polling).

So far, I have Linux Device Drivers, 3rd ed.  and The Captain's
Universe: http://www.captain.at/rtai-rtdm-serial-port-example.php
Does anyone have any other resources they'd like to share?

Thanks,
Miles