Re: [tlug] B Flets blocks port 25?

BTW, my Usen fiber service comes with 5 IPs (a block of 8 but one is used
for the "gateway" -- not sure why every block of 8 needs its own gateway
address but that's how they have it set-up).

Because your block of eight is set up as a separate network, and without a gateway, you'd have no way to send your packets to the rest of the world.

Yeah... but could I not simply tell my system that the gateway is off on some other network? Or maybe just with a different CIDR? Given the number of customers they must have, wasting all those IPs when there's probably only one gateway server for every N customers seems silly.

Lucky you! I'd kill for this.

Hopefully not me... tain't my fault ;-)!

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.