Re: [tlug] OT: government getting ready to inspect your iPod, laptop without probable cause

Scott Robbins writes:

 > Obama has promised, if he is elected, to retrieve our civil liberties.
 > ("our" being the US.)

Well, given that Bush's press secretary lapdog from the first
administration has just turned around and admitted in his memoirs that
it was administration policy to lie to America throughout, Obama has
to be an improvement.  But more that that from Obama?  Sorry, just
another pretty face AFAICS.  I pray every day that I'm wrong, though.

 > Apropos of nothing, this reminds me of the Mark Twain line, considering
 > that it was Congress who was more or less responsible for this.

Bzzt.  The U.S. *is* a representative democracy, with the
congresscritters generally being of superior talents in many respects.
Two aspects in which they are truly faithfully representative of the
Deer Peepul of the Yewess, though: Greed and Mendacity.

Sad, isn't it?