RE: [tlug] government getting ready to inspect your iPod, laptop without probable cause

> From: tlug-bounces@example.com [mailto:tlug-bounces@example.com On Behalf Of
Josh Glover

> Indeed. Crypto is your only friend, and perhaps TrueCrypt or something
> like it so you have plausible deniability. I doubt law enforcement can
> force you to turn over your keys without charging you with something,
> but I ain't going to test it.

Well as far as I know (it never happened to me) my cousin in Italy had a
small company.
He told me that several times "La guardia di finanza" it's some kind of
"Tax Police" entered in his office asking him to open the session so
they could browse the disk looking for "illegal software"

He has even files encrypted in WinZip and they asked him to open those
files to see the content. I really don't know this is legal or not in
Italy, maybe other Italians in the list can confirm me this point.
Anyway, what I'm telling here happened around 6 years ago. I can't
imagine how the situation now is.

So if I have to travel like change country or something like that, I
mean not a short time, maybe I'm going to send my data encrypted, by
post mail, in DVD or tapes... The world is going to bad... more and more
control.

       Pietro