Re: [tlug] Raid5 box & backup

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
The only way you can hope to reasonably fast rsync or unison style
syncing is if each local machine has unencrypted access to the
filesystem. You might be able to do this livably by using encrypted
files on top of unencrypted filesystems.

This was my first idea... I just hoped to get another solution, but I will not, apparently :-(

No [security], it's not. Were it mandatory, you'd be paying me tens of thousands of
dollars to set this up for you. Which I'm happy to do, of course.

Oh, what's that? Suddenly you don't need *that much* security? :-)

Even with these thousands, I guess you would not *guarantee* anything, would you?
But you are right, I don't need "that much" security :-)

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.