Re: [tlug] emobile D01NXII data card and (debian) linux? - or how to get an internet connection as fast as possible?

Moin,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 04:06:58PM +0200, dietrich bollmann wrote:

> I am currently living in Tokyo and plan to move to Kamakura / Zushi in a couple of months.  I need an internet connection as fast as possible and as it probably is impossible to get an adsl connection fast I thougt about getting a wireless modem card.
>
> I use Debian linux and for most cards no linux driver seem to exist. The only model which also lists linux as target operating system seems to be the emobile D01NXII data card. But even for this one I couldn't find any detailled Information about drivers etc.
>
> Is there anybody who knows if this or some other card works with linux and where to find informations about drivers and their installation / configuration?
>
> I would also be grateful for other ideas about how to get connected to the internet fast if they do not conflict with my plans to move to another address in the months to come.

An other idea is to connect via bluetooth to a cellphone and from there
establish a ppp-connection to the internet.
Maybe for that you do not neet additional hardware.

Works great with the nokia e90 mobile here and linux on the laptop
establishing the connection.

Christian