Re: [tlug] Multiple Domains - Apache

2008/4/29 Deepan <codeshepherd@example.com>:

>         I am serving two domains from the same machine
>  using Apache.

1.3.x or 2.x?

>  I want www to be used in both of the
>  domains, hence I redirect  urls without www to
>  appropriate urls with www. I have the following
>  configuration in httpd.conf to achieve this.

Get it working without rewriting first:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/

Then try adding the rewriting rules.

Rules of problem solving (this should look a lot like the Scientific Method):

1. Fix all variables, save one. (i.e. one variable, many constants)
2. Conduct experiments until you understand how the system works when
you vary that one input or condition.
3. If the problem is solved, go on to (4); otherwise, repeat (1) with
a different variable.
4. Victory!

When you have the solution, please reply to the list describing what
you did. Add [SOLVED] to the front of the subject line. If you do not
do this, this will be the last reply you see from me.

Haven't seen this show up on ILUG yet; did you forget to cross-post? [1]

-Josh

[1] http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#xpost