Re: [tlug] Re: Tlug Digest, Vol 28, Issue 49 [C&C?]

CL writes:
 > Godwin Stewart wrote:
 > > On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:39:59 -0700 (PDT), billr <billr@example.com> wrote:
 > >

 > >> UNSUBSCRIBE ME....is it so damn hard to do?
 > >>

 > > Here we go. One of those who don't read instructions and who think shouting
 > > and throwing their toys out the pram is going to have some kind of effect

 > Doesn't TLUG have a prescribed Cruelty Response for people this
 > stupid?

No ... first off, nothing this stupid qualifies as "sapiens",
therefore we're not talking about "people".  Second, I'm happy to be
able to say that jerks like this show up on TLUG once in four or five
years.

Third, it could be a joe job, in which case the guy may very well be
justifiably frustrated (not an excuse for his behavior, but he's
already been more than sufficiently punished in advance).

Given that, I think the appropriate response is for the listmaster to
unsubscribe him and ban him from subscribing or posting again, and
tell him so and why ("such rude behavior is unacceptable on our
lists").[1]  I've been doing that for years.

Footnotes:
[1]  "We have our own standards of rudeness[2] and you don't come up
to them."

[2]  "You must demonstrate that you can flame until bile flows from
your eyes."  Or something like that.  Cf.
http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/rbarip.html