Re: [tlug] Contest - Name that Linux distro!

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 08:15:50PM +0900, CL wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> >Well, don't use Xandros then.  Apparently, it's Japanese language
> >support is poor, which is a bit surprising, considering it's Debian
> >based. (I'm going by hearsay though.)
> >
> I'm not going by hearsay.  Xandros clucks and flies like a genuine
>turkey.
>

> have never actually gotten around to awarding one of the empty partitions on my
> Linux testing HDD to it ... yet.

I haven't used Vine in years, probably around RedHat 5 or 6.

I used to have a very long involved page on Japanese in Linux, but
almost every distro nowadays makes it almost trivial.   My page could
probably be condensed to ${apt-get install|yum install| pacman
-S|pkg_add -r|whatever your distro uses} scim-anthy.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I'm sorry, it's just been a really weird day.
Xander: Yeah, Buffy died and everything.
Willow: Wow, harsh.