Re: [tlug] Contest - Name that Linux distro!

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/08, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:
>  >  This is only a suggestion on my part based on what you wrote about
>  >  your needs. You did not specify any specific Japanese language
>  >  support need, but since this is the Tokyo LUG
>
>  I didn't mention Japanese language support because I expect it
>  in *every* Linux distro by now.  That is somewhat of a consideration,
>  because I'd rather be running in a Japanese locale, but ...
>
>  What makes Vine Linux better than something like Turbolinux (loaded
>  question)?

In my opinion only, Turbolinux's package management was poorer, it did
not offer upgrades as quickly as Vine linux, the community is smaller
AFAIK, and I think the company even went belly up or something. I
don't know the status of TL now, but I would not consider it based on
past experience. I don't feel like doing a head-to-head comparison at
this point, maybe someone else has more up to date information...

Regards, Gernot