[tlug] OT: Putting "intellectual" into "intellectual Property"

Received this in private mail from a lawyer I do research work for. I found it fascinating. Follow the links at the bottom of the page for additional background.

CL

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This is QUITE the giggle.

Monster sent Blue Jeans a cease and desist letter. I doubt they knew
that the head of Blue Jeans Cable was a lawyer.  Likely mistake number one.

<http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back>

The letter starts "Let me begin by stating, without equivocation, that
I have no interest whatsoever in infringing upon any intellectual
property belonging to Monster Cable.  Indeed, the less my customers
think my products resemble Monster's, in form or in function, the
better."

Near the end is says "Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I
sometimes rather miss it."

Interiorly, there appear to be a number of other mistakes or they had
the real junior lawyers in the firm, throw together the "usual"
boilerplate that has sufficient intimidation value.  Looks like they
really did not do their homework.  I wonder how man billable hours
were charged for it?  I wonder how many billable hours will be billed
in replying to the gauntlet.

It's a pretty good read.