Re: [tlug] Firefox beta 3 (was: NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 04:37:27PM +0900, Gen Kanai wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Josh Glover wrote:
> >
> >For me, serenity came when I saw that FF3 is using about 50% as much
> >memory as FF2 for my average session.
>
> Memory management and usage has been a significant area of focus for us in this
> release cycle.

I remember when I first tried it.  (I quickly sent Godwin an email,
saying, "You've got to try this. It's great.")  I'm wish Josh that it's
a tremendous improvement once I figured out the mailto thing.  You folks
might even want to make the solution a FAQ, it's the thing about warn in
external mailto.
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.mail should be set to true, then
the first time, it will ask if you want to do this.  Actually, I would
consider that a bug, though I admit it's subjective--otherwise, there's
no real clue as to why it's not working.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: So, something ripped him open and ate out his
insides.
Willow: Like an Oreo cookie. Well, except for, you know, without the
chocolatey cookie goodness.