Re: [tlug] Evolution (Was: Firefox beta 3)

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 08:28 +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> > I've looked at the various alternatives to Evolution for Gnome and I
> > just keep coming back to it for one reason or another. No, text
> based
> > apps do not do it for me :) And anything starting with 'K' is also a
> > no-no :)
>
> Have you looked at sylpheed?
>
> It's desktop-neutral (only uses GTK+2) and therefore works in Gnome.
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp

Yes, more specifically, Claws Mail.... I seem to remember it having a
couple of annoyances. In Gnome I have the Toolbar option to show icons
only and since Sylpheed/Claws uses its own icon sets, it ignores that
setting and you have to go through every icon one at a time disabling
the icon text, which doesn't work for every icon either (Trash?)

There was something else equally annoying which I can't recall right
now.

Wayne