Re: [tlug] Firefox beta 3 (was: NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?)

On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Edward Middleton wrote:
Josh Glover wrote:
On 15/04/2008, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:

I'm eagerly awaiting 3.0 (mostly because it
supposedly fixes the worst of the massive memory leaks), but haven't
felt the need to test it myself yet.

3.0 runs like a dream. You may have to port some of your favourite addons forward for now, but it should be as simple as changing the version line and rebuilding.

I don't know I have had mixed results. I have tried both the 32bit Gentoo beta 5 binaries and an amd64 bit version compile from source. Both seem to crash on me fairly frequently. I will have to investigate further.

We (I work for Mozilla) are getting ready for our first (of probably 2) release candidate releases before we get to the final release. We're still fixing bugs but the bulk of the development is done. If you are running into bugs, please file them at Bugzilla ASAP. There may still be time to address bugs before the 3.0 release.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

- - -
gen at kanai dot net
http://kanai.net/weblog