[tlug] Re: File change info on upload to server

Chuck asked:

>  > I don't need to know the information on my end. This is for the purpose
>  > of the people who are downloading my files, who want to know if the file
>  > has changed since the last time they downloaded it. Apparently the file is
>  > supposed to be flagged in some sort of way when it is updated.

For a couple of the files I maintain, I upload a datestamp file. See
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/examples_date for one of these.
People who want to see if it the file has changed simply need to grab
that file periodically:

mv datestamp datestamp_prev
wget http://......./datestamp
set x=`diff datestamp datestamp_prev`