Re: [tlug] XEmacs lisp LDAP API problems on 21.5.28

On 07/04/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:

> On 4/6/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > According to the above, I do have LDAP compiled in, right?
>
> No, you do not.

Ah... that would explain my problems.

What is the best way to ask an XEmacs binary what options it has
compiled in, if the config.log is not available? The method I used was
M-x report-xemacs-bug (without sending, of course).

>  As I recall, it's been default for quite awhile for Linux distros
>  to build LDAP support into XEmacs.  I'll check tomorrow when
>  I'm back at work.

I rolled my own ebuild, and in any case, the defaults in my Gentoo
installation have long since been overridden in /etc/make.conf. I am
pretty sure that I intended to build with ldap, and I think that
Portage thinks that I enabled the ldap USE flag, so I may have messed
up in my ebuild.

> The summary you posted should show a line regarding LDAP.
>  Make sure you installed all the run-time and devel libraries and
>  I would imagine you'll have some success.

Again, Gentoo, so your comment about devel libraries does not parse. ;)

Seriously, I'm building manually now with --with-ldap, so we'll see if
that binary treats me better.

Thanks for your help.

--
Cheers,