Re: [tlug] Grub Error

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Deepan <codeshepherd@example.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I deleted my windows partition using live CD. Now
>  my machine won't boot into linux. It stops at the
>  grub prompt with the error operating system not
>  found. How do I reinstall grub using live CD? Or
>  should I boot into my linux operating system with
>  root, kernel and initrd option in grub and then
>  install grub ?

I think you can do it like so: If you are running from the LiveCD,
open a terminal to get to the command line, and check the manpage for
"grub-install". You may IIRC have to mount the "root drive" you want
to use, so that grub is installed with the --root-directory option in
that <dir>/boot directory.