Re: [tlug] rsync efficiency (was: The Mother of All (bash) Commands)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:58:05 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Attila Kinali writes:
>
>  > > > Yes, rsync is horribly inefficient in nearly all ways.
>  > > > ...(ie, absolutely CPU limited).
>
> and then
>
>  > Of course, my example is a bit on the extreme side,
>
> Do you not see the problem here?

No. There is no "thou shalt not rsync large directory trees" in
the rsync docu, thus i assume that this is at least somewhat
efficient to do.

My point is that rsync should at least be as fast as
tarring and scp'ing said directory tree, though rsync
takes twice(!) as long.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred