Re: [tlug] Ubuntu won't format a 2GB SD card as fat 16

Josh,

Thanks for responding.

Connect a USB hard drive first and see if that still holds true.

You mean like a USB thumb drive thing?

Hmm... well... that seems to be mounted at /media/disk, which I know is a different thing. I'm not sure what the /dev entry is.

Partly because I have no idea what I'm doing in general.

Partly because I now realize that /dev/sdd seems to be there all the time, regardless of whether or not I have an SD card or USB drive or anything inserted.

So now I don't know who is doing what.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G