Re: [tlug] Ubuntu won't format a 2GB SD card as fat 16: Known Compatibility Issues for >=2GB SD cards

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:12:02 +0900, Edward wrote:

> Does the Palm Pilot support 2GB cards.
> I gather there is a hardware difference between 1GB and 2GB SD cards.

Edward's onto something.

In addition to all the other issues with Dave's 2 GB SD card,
there are known compatibility issues with 2 GB SD cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#Compatibility_issues_with_2_GB_and_larger_cards

The compatibility issues are in _addition_ to the issues
mentioned by other authors. You still have to heed their
advice also.

2GB (and 4GB) cards are so problematic, that I skipped over them
to SDHC cards. Unfortunately, many SD readers can not read SDHC cards.