Re: [tlug] xemacs and japanese

On 30/03/2008, Niels Kobschaetzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:

>  I'm running xemacs 21.4.21 (yp, I'm trying to learn it ;) ) and use in
>  Xfce scim-anthy as IME. According to google I shall use:
>  m-x set-input-method RET japanese-anthy

This should work, but let me save Stephen and Steven time and tell you
that you really want to be using XEmacs 21.5.x for Japanese, as
Unicode support in 21.4.x is not quite there.

>  But using m-x there is no match for set-input-method. Therefore,
>  what's the way to change the input method?

Can't you run "xemacs -xim" and just use SCIM normally?

>  Btw. is there any documentation available for the modes that are
>  available and how they function? (E.g. what's the difference between
>  japanese-latex-mode and latex-mode)

Probably Google or UTSL, but you can use M-x describe-mode to get help
for the current mode.

--
Cheers,
Josh