Re: [tlug] recommendations for user friendly CMS (with VMware?)

Hi again,

Replying to my own mail- I guess not many people are using these pre-
packaged CMS software bundles as you all can create your own sites from
scratch in Ruby on Rails ;-)

Anyway after looking around a bit I'm thinking of going with Plone
because it has so many plugins and looks very flexible. But I'm also
thinking that it would be really cool to just set up this webserver as a
virtual host using vmware because I don't have a spare server right now.
I think it would be cool to use one of the existing servers we have now,
and perhaps bind the 2ndary ethernet adapter to the virtual m/c itself,
put it on a different subnet and vlan etc. Plus it would be handy to be
able to take snapshots of the virtual m/c, and then possibly migrate it
to a dedicated server when the chance comes up. My concern is: will
there be a performance hit? Because our office is small, I'm not
expecting more than 30 simultaneous web connections...

Has anyone tried running a webserver on vmware?

Thanks again for any advice in this. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo