Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU? [SOLVED]

Dave M G wrote:
I had a little confusion about using "sudo" as opposed to actually being root by using the "su -" command, which accounts for why I was not able to gain access to the mysterious cron job.

You're not alone. It took me a while to get used to sudo too. It's nice once you catch on though. sudo -s gives you a root shell if you really need it, but I think the consensus on the list is that it's bad form to use it. Note that 'sudo -s' is not quite 'su -' in that it does not source root's environment.

Steve S.