Re: [tlug] Gnome vs. KDE? BSD vs. Linux?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 06:47:50AM -0600, Phillip Tribble wrote:

> >Arch Linux works the best =)
> >
> When I used Gentoo last, I could never get the binaries working good. I
> always had to recompile the packages and their dependencies.

Phillip, please try to trim a little bit. (Most of us fail to do so at
one point or another, but it's always good to keep in mind.  Otherwise,
everyone has to go through the entire series of emails to read your
pearls of wisdom.)   :)

@Niels--FreeBSD should probably do well on an older laptop.  In most
cases, its hardware support lags a bit behind Linux--for example, Flash
9 still doesn't work properly, but for most things, it should be
alright.  The only issue will be the compiling that will sometimes be
necessary--I suspect a buildword will take a few hours.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: What, your Mom doesn't know?
Joyce: Know what?
Buffy: That I'm, uh...in a band. A rock band...with Spike here.
Spike: Right. She plays the-the triangle...
Buffy: Drums.
Spike: Drums, yeah. She's hell on the old skins, you know.
Joyce: (to Spike) And what do you do?
Spike: Well I sing.