Re: [tlug] Gnome vs. KDE? BSD vs. Linux?

On 20/03/2008, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

>  (Although I think Gentoo has lots of binaries now, but
>  I don't know if their system update still requires lots of compiling.
>  Josh or other Gentoo-ers, if you see this, could you confirm or correct
>  me?)

There are binary packages for things like KDE, GNOME, OpenOffice.org,
Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

Gentoo still requires lots of compiling, but distcc can really easy
your pain on an older 'top.

I'd say the most BSD-like Linux distro is either Arch or Slack. Maybe
Godwin can comment.

--
Cheers,
Josh