Re: [tlug] The Mother of All (bash) Commands

On 18/03/2008, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

> Yes, rsync is horribly inefficient in nearly all ways.

Except administrator time, which is what I usually try to optimise.

rsync is a fire-and-forget command. I just remember "rsync -av -e ssh
<src> <dst>", and I never have to read a man page, or test various
commands to see what they do, etc.

So rsync is a win for me despite any algorithmic inefficiencies it may have.

--
Cheers,
Josh