Re: [tlug] Re: Gentoo ebuild for XEmacs-21.5

On 3/16/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 16/03/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:
>
>  >  Much as you malign Mule, the Heisei Emperor's support of XEmacs
>

> What?!

The Mule work, a year and a half of my time, Ben Wing's work, etc. etc. were
paid by MITI, which is part of the Japanese government and directly
responsible to the Emperor of Japan.

Technically, the copyrights on Mule code in FSF Emacs and XEmacs belong
to the Emperor.  At least, that's what they told me when I requested
the obligatory
copyright assignment to the FSF (which was ultimately refused).

-sb