Re: [tlug] utf form problems

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
On Wednesday 27 February 2008 12:49, steven smith wrote:
Part of the problem is knowing even where to start, and this looks
really good.
This is starting (barely) to make sense.

A bit over a year ago i wrote a web program to convert romaji into kana. I did it mainly to gain an understanding of both how romaji and kana relate to each other and how encodings work. As a result of my goals when writing it, the program is much slower and a bit bigger than it might need to be and is perhaps not structured in the best possible way. However, the use of different encodings might be useful as an example. If you want to look at it, a link is below. The source is viewable from the right-most tab in the interface:
http://www.ramaley.net/cgi-bin/kana

Thanks Daniel. I haven't had much time to look at the code much yet, but to me it looks very well written and documented. I did notice the calls to encode though...

Steve S,