Re: [tlug] Funny stuff with emacs, latex and CJK

Stuart Luppescu writes:
 > On 木, 2008-02-21 at 06:43 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Stuart Luppescu writes:
 > >
 > >  > Basically, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
 > >  >
 > >  > (I'm using GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1
 > >
 > > What is wrong with this picture? ;-)
 >
 > I thought you would have said something like, ``Q E D''

Well, actually the "GNU" part offends me mightily :-), but it's the
23.0 part mixed with "don't know" that brought to mind one of Miles
Bader's favorite .sigs: "Run away!  Run away!"

 > grep: udmj07.log: No such file or directory
 > mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
 > input udmj07' failed to make udmj07.tfm.
 > kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

What does "kpswhich udmj07" say to you?  How about "locate udmj07"?

If the former says "Captain WHO??" and the latter reports a path or
seven, then you need to teach kpathsea to find the udmj07 font.  If
both come up empty, you need to find out what the package that
contains the udmj07 font is and install it.