Re: [tlug] Acid drop on mobile?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Well, it will certainly make much difference if you're using the
typical crappy wysiwyg software (recall the sample Lyle posted a week
or so ago) or something like latex2html.

Minifying like that won't make a great deal of difference if the next thing you're going to do is gzip. Whitespace gzips really well.

On a related note, I moved all my websites to perlbal recently. I don't think it supports gzip, but it's astonishingly fast, and it does allow you to concatenate multiple files in a single request. So, for instance, a site with five different style sheets can make a single request and get them all in one go; similarly for Javascript files.

--
<deus_x> Anyone who takes words on the screen personally should not be on IRC.