Re: [tlug] HTML / WYSIWYG (&nbsp & &quot) Etc. (Snow!!!)

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:13:45 +0900, "Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com>
wrote:

> 1) Is there something I can use in Kubuntu that allows WYSIWYG HTML
> editing similar to Netscape Composer 4.0 (which I was running on Suse
> 9.1 before)?

The HTML generated by so-called WYSIWYG HTML editors is absolutely
horrendous. Looking at the two examples you posted in your query nearly
gave me a heart attack...

For the level of control you're looking for I sugest you bite the bullet
and learn how to write HTML and CSS yourself. It's not difficult and your
pages will be about 25% of the size of those generated by dedicated editors
if the level of nested crud visible in your examples is anything to go by.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Murphy's law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.