Re: [tlug] AsusTek EEEPC comes to Japan

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 13:58 +0900, Andrew Errington wrote:
> PS I am amazed that these have been available in New Zealand for a few
> months now, but not Japan.  New Zealand!

I'm on the Wellington (NZ) Linux Users Group list. They've been talking
lately about arranging support for people that purchase these Linux pre-
installed laptops locally- doing seminars and having structured
tutorials. How cool is that? Totally supporting the open source movement
at the grassroots level. I can't wait for more people to get sick of the
latest crappy OS forced on them by the major OEMs (of course I'm
referring to Vista) and take the leap.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo