Re: [tlug] detect fake HTTP referrer

Hi,

2008/1/17, Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com>:
> I guess that you may want to block by Referer or by IP addresses.
> Otherwise you may need to use Cookie or a query string to authorize the
> requests.
I don't want to do it as long as my ISP doesn't limit my monthly bandwidth.

> Sometimes the IP address of the clients in China are behind the
> firewall. Even if the IP address blocks are very limited range, the
> client could be so many. Sometimes they are using the proxy servers
> (sometimes forced to use it by the political reasons), and it is
> sometimes difficult to determine if those requests are really invalid or
> not.

Thanks. Now somehow I realizes what is happening.

> If you think that the requests are really invalid, then I recommend to
> block the several IP addresses for the moment. If the end users will
> have the actual problem, then they may contact you to allow the accesses.

I will try later.

> If you think that the requests are valid and if you don't want to block
> them, then you may need to add more capacity to the server farm (like a
> CDN).
No, I don't have budget :D. It is just a private server for storing
game replays.
Its spec is low but so far I don't have any problem with it.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )