[tlug] Re: Tlug Digest, Vol 25, Issue 14

Micheal Cooper writes:

 > want to explore other solutions. There are quite  a few db folks who
 > say that fully normalizing a db makes it too complex and slow, that a
 > balance is needed between formal normailzation and ease of use.

"Premature optimization is the root of all error." -- D. Knuth

 > And then I realized that this was really close to what I have heard
 > about Zope. I might be cowardly, but the Zope approach and the ZODB
 > really worry me.

Heh.  On the approach, indeed YMMV.  But worrying about the ZODB,
well, you obviously don't know the timbot, or that Guido has a time
machine, or that Jim Fulton wrote NAS and all of X11 besides.  (That
last is a lie ....)  Nah, I would not worry about the ZODB. :-)

 > I find the Zope approach worrying, and that is why I am working my way
 > through the Django tutorial.

Zope's problems are not in the database.  They're in the very hairy
inheritance, context, and aspect-oriented programming stuff.