Re: [tlug] OT: Japanese dictionary

A few months ago I bought a Sharp Papyrus PW-AT750; I seem to recall
that it was a bit under 30,000 yen. There's a second LCD screen below
the keyboard; you write kanji on it with a stylus and it appears under
the pen as you write it. It recognises stuff written out of order just
fine. My only real issue with it is the short timeout for character
completion; I need to memorize the character before starting to write
it because I can't stop in the middle to look at what I'm copying. This
could be considered a good thing. :-)

It's loaded with various dictionaries (a hundred of them!), and has
other dictionaries available on SD cards, but I mostly just use the E/J,
J/E and J/J dictionaries, with occasional use of the Kanji dictionary.
If you travel, though, you might find the travellers' dictionaries for
various languages useful as well.

I'd love to get a copy of the Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary for
it, but I've never seen one. I was surprised to find out that there's
one for the Casio. Unfortunately, it would be about 40,000 yen to buy
the Casio and the dictionary....

cjs