Re: [tlug] Character encoding on web host's MySQL server

Hi Dave,

Have you seen:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/charset-unicode.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-unicode.html

Many of the user comments at the bottom are along the lines of what
Keith wrote.

(I mention 5.0 because the comments there are a little more illustrative
than those for 4.1, but basically look to be doing the same thing).

I don't use PHP for my site, but noticed there were many PHP specific
comments there recently.

(I kinda assume you already have seen those pages but just mentioned it
in case you hadn't).

Best Regards,

Shawn