[tlug] SMTP woes

Hi,

I am using YahooBB! ADSL for my internet connection.  I want to be able to
send email via SMTP.  Since August I have been able to do it with my
hosting provider overseas (not YahooBB!).  For the last 2 days I have been
unable to do this.

* Since Jan 2007 YahooBB! have had a rolling program of blocking port 25
across their network.  It seems it has finally reached me.
* My hosting provider offers no other port than port 25
* YahooBB!'s SMTP server only accepts mail with a YahooBB! return address.

Since I use a (Linux) laptop I move it around and I am not always on
YahooBB!'s network anyway.

I don't suppose I am the only YahooBB! customer on TLUG.  Anyone else
encountered this problem?  What can I do about it?

Andrew (sending via webmail.  Bah!)